Type 1 Diabetes Facts:
- Has Nothing to do with diet or Life Style
- Is Not Preventable
- Is Not reversible
- Has NO Cure
- Can occur any age, Including Infants
- Require Insulin dependency for Life
- Extreme Thirst
- Frequent Urination
- Weight Loss
- Increased Appetite
- Sudden vision changes
- Fruity scent on breath
- Heavy labored breathing
Foods to Take
1. Leafy greens: Green leafy vegetables such as kale, mustard leaves, turnip leaves and methi are low in calories and carbohydrates and therefore, they do not cause sudden spikes to your blood sugar levels. They are also packed with fiber and Vitamin C, which acts a powerful antioxidant.
2. Bitter gourd: Bitter gourd contains active substances that lend anti-diabetic properties like charantin which is known for its blood glucose-lowering effect and an insulin-like compound known as polypeptide-p. The best way to consume it is to have fresh bitter gourd juice early morning on an empty stomach.
3. Whole grains: Whole grains like barley and oats are full of fibre which digests slowly to keep you blood sugar from spiking suddenly. Consuming whole grains regularly helps in preventing weight gain which is a big risk factor for diabetes.
4. Flaxseeds and pumpkin seeds: Flaxseed contains large amounts of an insoluble fibre called lignan. Flaxseeds help in reducing the chances of heart complications and also the risk of strokes linked with diabetes. Keep a handful of pumpkin seeds with you to fight cravings for fatty and sugary foods.
5. Guava: Guava has a low glycemic index score and is very rich in dietary fiber that helping in treating constipation which is a common complaint people with diabetes have.
6. Beetroot: Beetroots are a rich source of vitamins, minerals, fiber, and phytonutrients – all of which help in managing diabetes. When consumed the natural sugars in beetroot don’t get converted into glucose in the body too quickly which makes them good for diabetics.
Foods to Avoid
- Avoid fried, Processed & Ready - to - Eat Foods
- Avoid White rice, Maida and refined flour products
- Limit Salt Intake
- Limit and restrict sweets & Fats
- Limit dairy Products
Herbs that fight Diabetes