Thyreotoxicosis, Basedow's disease, exophthalmia, intoxication of thyroid glands with trembling of the hands, "goggle-eye", perspiration, eventually diarrhoea and emaciation.
The ingredients act in the sense of a detoxication of the toxicated thyroid glands.
- Atropinum: Main indication:"goggle-eye", fits of perspiration, strong pulse.
- Hekla Lava and Lapis albus: Effective for the constitution of fibrose struma.
- Jodum: Specific reaction in hyperfunction of thyroid glands due to the excessive action of iodine. In this particular case the remedy does not act in a homoeopathic but isopathic way.
- Lycopus virginicus: Strong pulse and tachycardia, as they are usually found in thyreotoxicosis.
- Natrium chloratum: Effective in palpitations emaciation, irritability. The general action of the remedy is characterized by its regularizing effect on the function of thyroids.
- In the first 8 days, 4 times daily 10-15 drops in a little water before meals.
- Afterwards for a period of 8 days 3 times daily, then twice daily, the same dose.